Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dallin's Mission Farewell

Well, to keep plugging away at blogging the month of May, here is a little re-cap of Dallin's farewell.  Dallin is my oldest son (ok, not really, but sometimes I like to think he is mine.)  Dallin is my brother Scott's son, who grew up around the corner from us for the past 10 years or so.  My many many faithful readers ;) will remember that Dallin got his mission call to serve in Tonga back in February.   

His farewell talk was wonderful, and so heartfelt and sincere.  This kid will be an amazing witness of Jesus Christ.  We are so proud of him!

Here are a few pics (ok a lot of pics) of the get-together at Scott & Kim's house after he spoke.

Amazing food spread of course.  Isn't that just one of the best things about a farewell?  We Mormons can put on a spread that would put Circus Circus to shame.






One of Scott's friends from work is Tongan, so he gave Dal this traditional Tongan lei.  He looks pretty good in his Tongan attire already...


Now here are a few pics of some of Dallin's biggest fans starting with some cousins.  Taylor, Cache (he's like one of Dal's cousins) and Spencer. 

Jeff & Melissa 

Melissa's kids (Zack, Jordan, Tyson & his wife, Tahnee, and some other people that I don't know :)


Michelle, Mark, J, & Daren


Marky & Michelle, the Smarts, and Byron


Robby and some of Dal's cute friends


Scotty, with Kim's mom, Sheila, and her hubby, Steve


Steve & Scott Loveless


Renee, me, Kim, & Teree


Davey's family


 Dal's friends


Now, a little something that always livens up a Montgomery family party.  Usually one of my brothers comes up with something hilarious to impress another one of my brothers.  Then we all laugh and laugh.  In this case, Scott told Mark that he thought he could do a roundoff backhandspring.  (Yes, the same Scott who just recently had his achiles tendon severed and repaired by surgery and much physical therapy...)

Now luckily for me, Mark wanted to capture the whole thing with his camera, but he accidentally picked up my camera instead.  (Thanks Marky!)

And here goes the take-off...




Sure enough, he throws a backhandspring!


And he nails the landing!  Hi-freaking-larious!



Scott, Kim, and my 3 adopted kids...



Dal with my fam...


Yep, pretty much taught my kids everything they know...


And the last time my boys will play ball with Dal for 2 years.  Kind-of sad...  but of course I'm glad he's being such a great example to my boys.


Good luck Dal!  We'll miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment