Saturday, May 19, 2012

Eric's 5th B-day Party

Wow I'm not very good at this blogging thing.  I need to take lessons from my friend Laura!  She's always keeping her blog current.  I can't even seem to just finish off the month of May!  Here's another attempt to get on it. 

 
Eric had his first-ever BIRTHDAY PARTY this year when he turned 5.  My kids are allowed to have a party from ages 5-12, so he has known that his first party was coming up for pretty much the past year.  Everyone who knows Eric knows he is pretty much obsessed with Angry Birds right now.... so I wasn't too suprised that he wanted an Angry Birds themed party.


We had lots of his best little buddies here, and I think it was a good time had by all.  I don't even think we had any tears, so that's a successful 5 year old birthday if you ask me!


Here are a few pics of the decorations...

 




I made the kids a little buffet table.  You can guess what was popular... the fruits and veggies... not so much.  The M&M's and cheeseballs were a different story.


We made Angry Bird headbands, with feathers...  How cute is this kid?!  Every mother should be a little biased, right?  You can see Eric has chosen M&M's and Teddy Grahams for his snack options...


Then we played some games like "Pin the Feathers on the Angry Bird" and "Smash the Pigs".  You know, just some kids' classics...


Opening presents...


Blowing out candles... (always good to have a little help from your friends with this.)

 The whole cute group... many lost headbands by this point :)


And this is pretty much how we sent them back home to their parents!

Good times!  Can't wait for 7 more of these, Eric!


No comments:

Post a Comment