Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Sunday


Our Easter was a lot of fun this year.  Here
is a little warning though.  This post is kind-of a picture overload.  Sorry about that, but it's for posterity, you know :)


Here are the boys dying eggs a couple days before...  Very intent on their little egg masterpieces.




The Easter baskets, aaaaand there is Smokey... probably wondering where his basket is.


Checking out the goods...



Ok, so the Easter Bunny was kind-of lazy at our house this year.  He (or possibly she) hid the eggs inside.  And to make it worse, the weather was quite lovely.  I know, a little bit lame.  I'm pretty sure I never did an indoor egg-hunt in all of my childhood years.  The boys didn't think it was weird at all, or at least they never said it was.  Hopefully they won't be scarred or anything in their later years.






I know I'm biased, but aren't they handsome?  And yes, I'm "that mom" that still tries to make them match a little bit every Easter.


Yes, and Steve with a matching tie too.  And ok, I'll just admit it right now.  I wore a dress that I thought matched them all.  There, I said it.



After church, we met some of our favorite people for a little picnic, the Bentleys and the Montgomerys.  (There are many Montgomerys, so I'll clarify, the Scott & Kim Montgomerys.) 

Here is Taylor with his red-headed step-brother, Cache.  And that would be Cache's handsome older bro, Brek.  Cache and Taylor are probably somehow twins separated at birth or something.  They were pretty inseperable when we lived in Too-ly.


Eric and a couple of gorgeous girls... Kalae and Sam.


 Scotty & Kimmer


Darin & Teree


And can you tell I'm getting old?  I love the big sunglasses.  Just call me Jackie O.


See what I mean, about them being like brothers?  That would be my son doing the head-slam.


Boston, Porter, and Maya.  (or you could call her Elly if you like, but I always call her Maya)


A little Sabbath basketball...





Then, leave it to Scott to come up with the random kid entertainment of the afternoon.  I think every kid had about 10 turns each with the burrito blanket rolling, till he was out of breath.



This pic is my favorite.  Click on it so it's big and you can see Rico's face.  It's sheer joy.




And to end the afternoon, Porter talked Elly into pitching to him for a while.  He was in heaven.


Then Elly was done, so it was Steve's turn.


It was such a fun day.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect.   Hopefully we will continue our Easter picnic-ing for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. What a happy holiday! Still laughing a little at your matching Easter outfits ;) Love it!

    ReplyDelete